800-519-0297 (Toll Free)
Ryan Montgomery is a 1997 graduate of Clemson University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in speech and communications. He received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Baltimore in 2000 and attended Georgetown University School of Law as a visiting student in 2000.
Following his graduation from law school, Ryan served as a law clerk to the Honorable Michael D. Mason, Circuit Court for Montgomery County, Maryland. He then went onto work for a litigation and trial law firm in Rockville, Maryland.
After the birth of his first child, he and his wife moved home to South Carolina where he now practices and owns his own firm, Ryan Montgomery Attorney at Law, LLC. He focus his practice on South Carolina workers’ compensation claims, on the job injuries, personal injury, car accident, trucking and serious and complex personal injury litigation.
Ryan was selected to Greenville Magazine’s Best and Brightest. In 2011 and 2012 he achieved an AV rating, the highest available rating through Martindale. This is also known as a preeminent rating and is earned based upon the ratings and critiques of other lawyers. In 2012 he was named Upstate Legal Elite in the area of personal injury.
When he is not practicing law, Ryan coaches soccer at the YMCA and volunteers extensively. He also enjoys spending time with his wife and three boys whether it be fishing, hiking, or taking nature photographs- many of which are on display in the office.
Areas of Practice
- Workers’ Compensation Law
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Plaintiff
- Personal Injury — Plaintiff
- On the Job Injuries
- South Carolina
- District of Columbia
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D – May, 2000
- Clemson University
- B.A – May, 1997
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Speech and Communications
Honors and Awards
- 2013 Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- 2011 Martindale AV “Preeminent” Rating
- 2012 Martindale AV “Preeminent” Rating
- Greenville Magazine’s Best and Brightest
- Named Upstate Legal Elite in the area of personal injury, 2012 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Maryland Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- South Carolina Workers? Compensation Educational Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association (SCDTAA)
- Greenville County Bar Association
- Greenville Breakfast Rotary Club
- Sergeant at Arms (past ? Greenville Breakfast Rotary Club)
- Camp Greenville Board of Directors
- Big Brothers/ Big Sister of the Upstate Board of Directors (past)
Past Employment Positions
- Honorable Michael D. Mason, Circuit Court for Montgomery County, Maryland, Law Clerk
Pro Bono Activities
- Coaches soccer at the YMCA and volunteers extensively
South Carolina Injury Attorney Ryan Montgomery handles claims throughout South Carolina including Aiken, Anderson, Charleston, Clemson, Columbia, Belton, Easley, Hilton Head Island, Pelzer, Starr, Williamston, Pendleton, Goose Creek, Greenville, Greer, Laurens, Mount Pleasant, Myrtle Beach, Newberry, Simpsonville, Mauldin, Rock Hill, Sumter, Spartanburg, Summerville, West Columbia, Duncan, Inman and Chesnee, South Carolina.