When you are in an accident at work and develop an injury, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation. With the help of South Carolina attorney Ryan Montgomery, you can prepare a claim to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. Under South Carolina law, a workers’ compensation claim is different than that of a personal injury claim as you don’t have to prove that your employer was nbegligent. This no-fault system offers compensation for any type of work injury to help the injured to cover their expenses.
Types of Workplace Accidents
- Construction Accidents: These can include and are not limited to: scaffold falls, roof falls or ladder falls. Falls from heights are the most common of construction accidents and can lead to serious injuries. Electrical injuries from electric shock or fires can lead to electrocutions and other serious injuries. Welding accidents or chemical spills are also common at construction sites.
- Fatal Work Accidents: Should your working loved one succumb to an occupational fatality, we have the experience and compassion necessary to handle these serious cases. Our South Carolina attorneys can determine if a third party should also be held accountable for the wrongful death. Compensation can help pay for medical bills, loss of income and funeral expenses.
- Factory Injuries: These injuries can include brain and head, knee, shoulder or wrist, arm and leg, lifting injuries or repetitive trauma injuries. Proving a repetitive stress injury as a result of your job can be difficult, that is why hiring a legal professional is important.
- Occupation Illness/Disease: Contracting or developing an occupational disease is a risk working in some industries. Some substances such as mold, Benzene, Asbestos, Lead, Carbon monoxide, Pesticides, Mercury, Silica or sand and Formaldehyde can cause COPD, occupational asthma, cancer, lung damage, asbestosis, mesothelioma or ulcers.
- Work-related accident injuries: These can include and are not limited to falling objects, explosions or slip-and-falls.
Get the Help You Deserve
If you have sustained a workplace injury that you believe deserve compensation, contact Ryan Montgomery, Attorney at Law, LLC in Greenville and Columbia, South Carolina. He represents clients throughout upstate and midlands South Carolina in workers’ compensation claims for a variety of injuries. Injured workers have rights under state law and he believes that they should be protected. Your success is determined by the expertise you have by your side. He will walk you throughout the entire process to increase your chances of getting a claim approved and paid. To schedule an initial consultation today, call 864-207-4764.