What do I do after a Car Accident?
7 Actions to Take Immediately After a Motor Vehicle Accident
1. Contact the police and call for an ambulance, if necessary. Make sure you alright before proceeding from here.
2. Seek immediate medical care . Waiting too long can prevent you from recovering what you should be entitled to. The longer the gap between medical treatment the more likely it is that those medical expenses are not considered in your accident claim.
3. Do not discuss the accident with anyone and, especially, do not accept blame or fault. this would include posts on Facebook, Twitter, etc. about the accident.
4. Exchange only licenses, registration and insurance information.
5. Write down the name, address, driver’s license number, date of birth, sex and phone number of all other drivers involved.
6. Write down the name, address, and insurance company information for all the vehicles involved.
7. Be sure to write down the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses.
8. Submit your FR-10 Report Immediately to your insurance company.